Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Face in the Blue

In the night
Gazing at the sky,
I have always seen
A face- perhaps my perception,
It stares, it’s serene and it’s still.

It seems to hold
My breath, my verve.
It takes me away from me-
Behold- not too far,
It touches, is divine to me,

The face so clear,
So mild and so near,
Enslaves me in its embrace,
I am mesmerized, captivated.
As thus, it loves me.




It makes me feel so dear,
Too heavenly and so pure,
I feel like soaring high,
And higher till the horizon
Beckons me, craves for me.

I can see, the lust
In its naïve eyes.
How excruciating is the pain,
Of losing a prized,
The tenderness is benign,in its sigh.

I could feel the warmth in its rime,
I could feel the comfort in its grasp,
I could feel its presence
Was like a flame in the candle,
It flared and flickered, agonized.

I want to go,
Far, far-ahead and away,
But the dawn calls upon,
The facade fades away,
The face in the blue withers away,

It leaves me all alone,
The morning light sluices my eyes,
Shows where I am, not where,
I was or where I want to be,
It takes my thoughts away -along.

The azure face- so cerulean,
My identity it acquires away,
Lost in that forlorn whorl,
Never, to come back again.
That Face in the Blue- fades away.

3 comments:

  1. very well written.....although..it resembles to quite a few rants....but....appreciable and sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's face is it, huh? But overall a nice poem :)

    ReplyDelete